As a community of women: created in the image of God, called to discipleship in Jesus Christ, and empowered by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves to grow in faith, affirm our gifts, support one another in our callings, engage in ministry and action, and promote healing and wholeness in the church, the society, and the world.
Women’s Circles are available for all interested women. These groups meet for Bible studies, fellowship and service at the church and in homes. Some groups study from “Lutheran Women Today” magazine while other groups explore a variety of other studies.
- Altar Guild: Meets the second Tuesday of every month at 7:00 p.m. in Larsen Lounge with a focus on caring for the altar and communion preparation.
- Hannah: Meets the fourth Tuesday of every month at 2:00 p.m. in Larsen Lounge with a focus on serving the residents of the Moorhead Manor.
- Naomi: Meets the fourth Tuesday of every month at 9:30 a.m. in the Fellowship Hall
- Ruth: Meets the fourth Tuesday of every month at 7:30 p.m. in circle members’ homes with a focus on the Food Pantry in August and decorating the church building for holidays.
Serving In Our Community and Around the World
Merry Mitten Makers: Every fall, Our Savior’s makes a significant donation of hand-made mittens, hats and scarves to our schools, the Rape and Abuse Crisis Center and the YWCA to help keep the many, many needy children in our community warm during the cold winter months.
The women's board meets on the first Thursday of every month at 6:30 p.m. in the Larsen Lounge.
Board Members & Contact Info
- Co-Presidents: Marlene Johnson, 233-5739; Carol Meyer, 280-1071
- Vice-President: Open
- Secretary: Kristi Morsch, 361-8899
- Treasurer: Sonia Kaltvedt, 233-7422
- Community Action: Nancy Bahe, 236-7216
- Fellowship and Service Unit Coordinator: Jeanne Rodroguez, 388-1722
- Growth: Rachel Maier, 227-5693
A Book Club meets the Fourth Wednesday of every month at 4:00 p.m. in the Larsen Lounge to discuss a different book each month. Book selections are printed in advance in the Parish Visitor, the church’s monthly newsletter. If you see a title you like or that sounds interesting, head on in for the discussion! To find out what the group is reading this month, contact Norma Swanson (239-9131 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Lutheran Men in Mission
Men of Our Savior’s faith community, members and non-members, are invited to participate in the many activities of Lutheran Men in Mission: organizational meetings; Bible studies; winter retreats; service projects at church, and in the wider Fargo-Moorhead community. It’s a great way to get acquainted with other men and participate in the ministry of the church! Details for specific events are published in the church’s monthly newsletter and weekly bulletins.
Men Alive Bible Study
Tuesday mornings at 6:30 a.m. Our Savior’s offers a men’s Bible study in the Larsen Lounge. All men are welcome so invite a friend to come along and start the day with God’s living Word!
This group of retired men meets the first and third Thursdays of the month at 9:00 a.m. for coffee and to work on various projects around the church building. These projects include such things as painting, carpentry jobs, even assembling the Annual Report! You don't need to be especially “handy;” we can put you to work! Call Cheryl Zeh (236-7712) for more information.